Pin Junkie Happy Hour #6: Grasshopper


Last week I attempted to make a dirty girl scout.  I couldn't find creme de menthe at the store, so I asked my husband to pick some up.  To be fair, I didn't specify that I needed white creme de menthe and he came home with green creme de menthe which looks and tastes exactly like mouthwash.

I doubt we'll be making dirty girls scouts again.  I didn't like it at all and it got a very lukewarm response from my husband.  Now we have a large bottle of creme de menthe that we need to get rid of so I decided to make a grasshopper.  It's not something that I pinned on my pinterest boards - I used the recipe on the back of the creme de menthe bottle, but it's a drink that I've never tried before, so I figure it counts.

I had low expectations before I even tasted it.  The color was bright green and it looked like it was some sort of radioactive, industrial cleaning fluid.


And that's pretty much what it tasted like, too.  Not even my husband could drink it.

I'm sure I did something wrong although I followed the recipe on the back of the bottle exactly.
1 part green creme de menthe
1 part white creme de cacao
1 part vodka

The only creme de cacao I could find was clear, not white.  Using the white creme de cacao might have fixed the color and made it look a little more appealing, but I doubt it would have changed the taste much. 

Anyway, for anyone who's keeping score, here's what I've liked and not not liked so far:

Yuck List

Yum List

Comments

  1. Hello! Found you on the Aloha Blog hop.
    I am your newest follower, would you care to return the favor?

    http://www.beautybykrysti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just recently found your website-as I was going through your Cocktails list-and reading your comments-I noticed your comment on the Grasshopper-I Love To Have A Grashopper As An After Dinner Drink/Desert. I say Desert because Everytime I've had one-IT'S ALWAYS MADE IN A BLENDER WITH ICE CREAM-It is the Adult version of a shake-And It Is Fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts