Happy Hour #4: Redhead in Bed


Happy Friday everyone!

Today's happy hour cocktail is a Redhead in Bed.

Yes, I'm noticing a trend here:  another pink cocktail.  I really had intended to try something different this week, but while shopping for ingredients, I realized why so many cocktails are made with vodka - it's cheap!  I have several interesting cocktails pinned to my recipe board, but I'm just reluctant to invest that much money in expensive ingredients.

Since I seem to be stuck in a pink cocktail rut, you're welcome to post the pin URL of any cocktails you think I should try in the comments section below.

Anyway, this cocktail was good - it tastes just like a strawberry daiquiri - and you can count it as a full serving of fruit, right?  RIGHT!


The original recipe from YumSugar makes ten servings, which is much more than what I wanted. 

Here's what I used to make two servings:

ingredients:
1 pint of fresh strawberries
1/8 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon lime juice
1/4 cup citrus vodka
1/4 cup reisling

directions:
1.  Wash, hull, and slice strawberries
2.  Gently mix strawberries with sugar. Let sit about ten minutes to let strawberries release their juices.
3.  Dump strawberry-sugar mixture with remaining ingredients in blender. 
4.  Mix until smooth and enjoy!

Happy Weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts